Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dublin to Connemara

Hello! 
I've made it to Clifden, Ireland, which is on the western side of Galway. What could have been a three hour drive ended up being more of a six hour drive, due to our purposeful seeking of the more scenic routes...the results were glorious. 

We landed yesterday afternoon in Dublin, dropped our bags in a beautiful home belonging to Ahman's friend, Susan, and then headed straight to the local pub...literally named Hole in the Wall. Along with fish and chips, I had a Guinness, of course, and a Galway Hooker...which is a pale ale...and I suppose also a prostitute from Galway...but I had just the beer. ;-) 
Anyway, this morning, we set off for Clifden, which is 20 minutes away from Kylemore Abbey, a bit of a bucket list item for me, which, along with The Cliffs of Moher, we will see tomorrow. We stopped at Cong Abbey, which had been recommended by a friend of mine, and something we discovered just happened to be on our chosen route...lucky that!!
After leaving the Abbey, we headed west, straight through the middle of Connemara. It was definitely one of, if not THE most AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL drive of my life. The scenery was stunning.

I loved every second of it!! To quote myself while taking the photo directly above: "This is SOOO Irish...Oh good Lord, there's even a f*#king horse."

Anyway, just wanted to quickly post before I went off to bed! Love you all!


No comments: