Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Night Out in London

 Yesterday Ahman and I grabbed last minute tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre in the Westend.  We decided to make a night out of it, got dressed up, and stopped in Chinatown to grab a meal.
  I will never be able to eat Chinese food in the States again without thinking it's total crap...which is actually the way I feel now about most foreign food you can get in Colorado.  I might go through Indian food withdrawal, I'm already getting the shakes just thinking about it.  After eating we headed over to the theater and I waited anxiously for the overture.  I LOVE Phantom (though Les Mis still kicks Webber ass), I've loved it since I was a kid.  I can remember my sister playing the CD (remember those?) in her room, dancing around and singing along with Christine.
I also remember being scared to death as a 7 year old when the power went out at my Dad's house...I ran out of my room to find him and the power came back on in a dark living room, prompting the CD player to play the Overture at full volume. Terrifying!! Anyway, more on that in my future blog called Scaring Events From My Childhood...in which the Phantom thing will be the only entry.  After seeing the amazing production, Ahman and I wandered our way through SoHo.  We eventually stumbled across a Shisa Bar, which is like a Hooka Bar only the tobacco is infused with alcohol....or maybe the water had alcohol in it...there was alcohol somewhere.  It was definitely interesting.  We took some goofy pictures in some horribly unflattering lighting and made our way home on the tube, a fantastic night!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures and write up! I can't wait to see you and hear more about your trips. Six countries-wow your awesome sweetie.
Love you bunches,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Shonberg vs. Webber?!?!
Get back to your hooka pipe girl, Webber has staying power with Phantom, Cats, Joseph, Evita...!
Phantom beats Les Mis. by over 3000performances on Broadway. Cats is closer, (shock...Webber!)You know I love Les Mis, but nobody beats Webber in my opinion.
Respectfully,
Jay