Monday, May 16, 2011

Prague!

Hello all,
I know I am behind but only by one country!! April 11th I left Rome for Fiumicino Airport, 30 minutes by train and much cheaper than flying out of the other airports close to Rome.  Check-in was nuts, my flight disappeared from the departures screen and the gate was moved 20 minutes prior to boarding and no one was informed...oh, Italy. Anyway, after a super stressful morning I was happy to land in Prague and check-in to my hotel.  Hotel Angelo was great, designed in red, yellow and black (sounds ugly but it was nice) with black and white pictures of Prague hanging on the walls. I forgot to take pictures so here are two from their website!

Prague is the most beautiful city I have ever seen, literally every building in Old Town is a work of art.  I could spend days just walking up and down the streets looking at the unique exteriors of each building.  



Love it!! I spent most of my days just exploring the city, spending time in Old Town and in the Castle Complex.  






Speaking of the Castle of Prague, apparently the Czech President lives in the complex and his residence is only open to the public for one day in the spring and one day in the fall...guess who happened to be there on one of those days? Cher!! Just kidding, it was me.  




Beautiful, looks just like my house ; )


4 comments:

Colleen Oakes said...

It does look like your house! With the hamburger bed!

CynthiaMc said...

Don't be jealous of the hamburger bed! It will be mine one day; what a glorious day that will be!!!

Anonymous said...

JUST WOKE YOU UP, IT'S 11:45 pm HERE IN DENVER SO ITS ....SOME OTHER TIME IN LONDON..i'M GUESSING 6:45am
THOSE PICS OF PRAGUE WERE EXCELLENT, GOT TO GO SEE ALL THOSE BUILDINGS (GETTING TIRED OF ALL THE CAPS?)
is this better!
Denise and I went out for dinner on my b-day..Park Meadows, Chocolate something or other..was really good..they celebrated by b-day at work by pretending nobody knew it was my b-day..they are such great actors!!!!!!!!!!
My retirement may be postponed until Jan 15..my 27 anniversary with lm..not sure I can last that long..may stay full time till Sep 1, then 1/2 time until Dec 31...makes a difference on my retirement pay

thats all for now..sorry I woke you
talk to you soon
love daddy

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you in person! Nancy T.