Monday, May 23, 2011

Brighton!

Sorry, I have been super lazy the last week and just haven't found the motivation to blog!!! April 17th Ahman and I jumped in the car and headed straight south of London to Brighton.  Brighton is a beautiful seaside town full of lovely town homes and rocky beaches.  While in Brighton I received a Garra Fish Pedicure....ya, super weird.  The pedicure starts with a foot wash, making sure you have no bacteria or blisters on your feet before you turn them over to the fish.  The second you lower your feet into the water the fish are on them.  I screamed and closed my eyes for the first five minutes; I kept saying "It's just bubbles, it's just bubbles".  Meanwhile, Ahman was sitting in the corning laughing and taking pictures of me melting down.  I eventually calmed down and  found the sensation relaxing; it was gentler than you would imagine...but still creepy.  Anyway, the pedicure went on as normal after removing your feet from the water...foot balm treatment with Smurf boots, nail shaping and polish...it was good!  After getting my feet done I wondered around for a while and stumbled across the Brighton Pavillion. Holy crap stunning! It looks like an Arabian Castle smack dab in the middle of this little, English, seaside village. It's beautiful, I want to get married there!!









I probably won't be blogging again until Thursday; Ahman, Bruce and I are heading to The Canary Islands for a week starting on Wednesday. Get this: 7 nights accommodation, half board (so breakfast and dinner are included) plus the flights to and from Lanzorate for $300!!! Amazing right?? I'm really excited to do a lot of swimming even if I don't have a swimsuit...I will be white trashing it up in my tanktop and shorts :)
Ya, looking forward to this:

6 comments:

Colleen Oakes said...

Are you going to get married in front of that giant donut? I miss you, but I'm excited for you and your Canary Island trip! Buy a SWIMSUIT YOU GIT!

They say that in London, right?

Anonymous said...

don't know if I can fed-x you a husband before you leave your wedding location, do you remember where you left him, hopefully not in your room at Mom's, I'll never find him in time to mail!!!!!!!!

I want to go,

Camel???what type of resort has camels for transportation..aren't limo's pretty much standard around the world???..wonder if they use penquins in Antartica??

love you Daddy

Anonymous said...

Brighton looks incredible. I wish I was there! I can't wait to see you!
I have one more day of school. YEA!

Mom

Anonymous said...

ok its midnight Mon eve or Tue morning..either way ...where are you????/

hope you didn't get eaten by a canarie equivalent of "sasquat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love daddy

PS "HAD" to spend time with your sister tonight...Ryan can't wait till you come home, he needs some alone time!!..man cave time...
no we had a nice dinner at THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"I probably won't be blogging again until Thursday"

your words!!!!! it's the following Tuesday

daddy

Colleen Oakes said...

Dear Dad, I would appreciate frequent comments on my blog as well: http://ranunculusadventure.blogspot.com/

Love,
Your second favorite daughter.