Friday, May 6, 2011

Duomo in Milan!

Back at the hostel after a long day of walking around in Milan! I set out today, map in hand, to find the Duomo, which is the Cathedral of Milan. It's no Notre Dame but it's massive and beautiful.  After taking in the Cathedral I walked through Piazza Duomo...ended up with two semi-rainbow bracelets from Senegal that I didn't want, asked a store clerk for "Aguamenti" which popped into my head as the Italian word for water...ya, I realized later that it's actually the spell for water in Harry Potter....BIGGEST. NERD. MOMENT. EVER. Sufficiently embarrassed I walked back to the hostel.  Tomorrow I will depart early for a day tour of Lake Como! I have always wanted to go to Bellagio, tomorrow should be really fun!!! I miss you all!!
Kisses,
~Cynthia


Flying over the Alps.














4 comments:

Colleen Oakes said...

I just laughed out loud for about 5 minutes. NERD ALERT! Actually that's awesome, why isn't that story your Facebook status? Everyone needs to know!!!

Erin said...

Holy poop, you got to see the Duomo??!? That church is high on my list! :)

rutlmit said...

Those pictures are awesome and easy with the spells you might freak some people out

Emily said...

Have fun in Italy! Hope you get to mangia some delicious pasta and drink some vino. Miss you!