Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cliffs of Moher Part II

Yesterday was amazing, and crazy! In an effort to miss some of the rain and bus loads of tourist, we began our 10k hike up the Cliffs of Moher first thing in the morning. The route was messy, and at times a bit scary, but the scenery was stunning and worth every bit of effort. I was so impressed that I didn't even mind when I ate it straight into a pile of...mud, I hope...
Anyway, ass covered in...whatever, we made it up the path in about an hour, stopped for a little picnic, and to take some photos, and were rewarded for our effort with a stunning rainbow. I actually said "Ok, Ireland, that's enough, now you're just showing off with your rainbows and magical horses". The beauty was to the point of ridiculousness. 
We were able to make it back down the cliffside before the weather turned nasty, thank God, because I can see how people die there all the time. In fact, this sign greeted us before we began the climb...
Anywho, I'm now back in London, having a bit of R&R before I head to Belgium on the 14th. Monday, I'll head back to Highgate Cemetery, which is my favorite spot in London. It may sound creepy, but if you've been there, you understand. I will always make a point to visit, every single time I'm here! 





No comments: